.I.Believe.That.Happiness.Is.Something.We.Create.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

This should be good

This year that is.
I am a person who likes to plan ahead. Not just for the day, or even the month, but years at a time I plan. Does my life always go how I want it to? NO. But that doesn't stop me from putting pencil marks on the calender.
With the start of a new year I have heard several people reflecting about 2010. I'll spare you. But there have been significant events that have happened for the people in my family like this girl

and this one

Obviously 2010 was a very successful and happy year for my family and a lot of good things have happened. But in the midst of these happy events I have felt like someone sitting on the front row cheering on my sisters. I guess it's a good thing I love them so much :). I don't want this to sound bitter, because I'm not. I have loved being apart of these events, and I definitely do not enjoy being the center of attention...at all. I guess what I am trying to say is that in 2011, I have things planned and goals to reach. It will be my events and milestones that are celebrated this year. [Along with many other people in my family]

Hopefully that didn't sound bitter or jealous at all...it wasn't meant to be!

So I guess I'll give you a little insight to what all of these happy events will be...

1. I'm starting my last year of college in one week. That means A LOT of hours, A LOT of hard work, a student teaching in the fall.
2. I'll turn 21 in February. I really like birthdays, especially mine.
3. This is probably the one that I am most excited about.....

This boy is coming HOOOOMMMMMEEEEEEE! 9 months to go :)
4. In December I'll finally graduate!
5. Hopefully before this year is over [and if not, then early January] I'll leave for my mission!

Just thinking about all of these things is slightly overwhelming. It still seems like most of these things are still far distant but as I've heard before, "time flies on the wings of lightning." So I will do my best to enjoy it before it's gone.



2 comments:

  1. Yay for the last year of college. It's my last year too and hallelujah. Also double yay for a return missionary. I love seeing happy endings!
    Wearing It On My Sleeves

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9 months?! woo hoo girl! my little bro comes home in august (august first to be exact!!) and i'm kinda excited about it myself;) happy (late) new year!
    YOURS, MINE AND OURS

    ReplyDelete