.I.Believe.That.Happiness.Is.Something.We.Create.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Overwhelmed.

Overwhelmed and stressed. That's me. Those are probably the perfect words right about now. It's a sad story I'll admit, but there's no getting around it. I have projects and homework and clinical assignments coming out of my ears. How am I supposed to get all of this stuff done in 5 weeks? Believe me, I will be one happy girl when this semester is over, but it's daunting to think that I only have 5 short weeks to get so much work done. The saddest part about all of this is probably the fact that I haven't even procrastinated that much this semester. I'll go ahead and say that that's a bad habit that will probably take me lifetimes to overcome...but this semester despite the occasional "I'll do that tomorrow, or next week," I've actually stayed on top of all my classes pretty well. But the work WON'T. STOP. COMING. I suppose it will just make winter break that much sweeter. I'm done complaining.

On to better news, I came home from institute last night and of course got on facebook and I had this a message from someone whose name I didn't recognize. A little strange. But I opened it anyways, and I'm glad I did. Here is what it said:

Jordan,
I meant to come home from the baptism on Sunday and send you a message right then. I wanted to tell you and Elder Vaughn's family that although I am VERY familiar with the very cool and suave Elder Vaughn - the football playing, cookie eating, chicken biscuit loving Elder Vaughn -- I witnessed the sweetest, most tender testimony given of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I saw him share with emotion his testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel. It was something you can never get enough of. I witnessed the priesthood in action and felt the spirit confirm the truth of all that he said, all that I felt. We love Elder Vaughn.

I am so glad that someone took the time to send me that. It pretty much made my day :) She also told me that while she was typing me that message, her son came in and apparently had just gotten a call from the elders about transfers, and that Willie and his companion are both staying in the ward. That would be so weird, but this will make 10 months that Willie has been in the exact same ward. crazy! But I guess it's a good thing because he loves it, and apparently they love him.

1 comment: