.I.Believe.That.Happiness.Is.Something.We.Create.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Count your many blessings...

What a weekend. Isn't it funny how you don't really realize how blessed you truly are until something not so good happens. Well, that's what happened this weekend for me....

Friday: I worked and rode down to the temple with Brandon. We got there early so we went to the bookstore, and I bought two books that I'm really excited to read. The temple was great as always. So, that was a great day.

Saturday: I woke up early for the day of service. I had to give the sisters and elders a ride and after being lost in Concord for about 30 minutes, we finally made it there. We worked hard to clean up school grounds and it was actually a lot of fun. Later that day we got to go back to Columbia to hear Elder Anderson speak. I drove down with Rebecca, and Brandon and that was fun all on it's own. :) We listened to Elder Anderson speak and it was amazing. It's so neat to see an apostle in such a personal setting and really get to see his personality. He was so funny! So that was amazing...we even got to shake his hand and talk with him for about 5 seconds each...so cool! THEN....on the way home (long story short) I got in a wreck :( It was so scary. I've never gotten a ticket, or even been pulled over...so much for that. So, not surprisingly, I had no idea what to do. Thank goodness for my friends. Brandon Pace is a lifesaver! He was sitting right behind me and I guess he saw it coming and he grabbed my shoulders and kept me from hitting the airbag. He went and checked on the guy we hit (who was fine...and very nice), he somehow made me stop crying, he made me laugh a couple times, he talked to the cops and firefighters and rescue people, he talked to the guy in the gas station where we had to leave my car, he talked to my parents. He did everything. Thank goodness he was with me. And Donald gave us all a ride back to Charlotte...he's the man. So everything turned out fine. No one was hurt!! We were all very blessed.
Sunday: We had ward conference and it was so good. I love having all the Stake leaders come, they are awesome. Bishop was conducting sacrament meeting and announced to everyone about my wreck which was rather embarrassing. :) All of the talks and lessons were really great! Jenny taught Relief Society and it was amazing...she said exactly what I need to hear. I love her! After church Jake took me home (thanks Jake!) and as soon as I got there I got a call from my Grandpa who said he had picked up my car earlier and was coming through Charlotte on his way home...so I got to come home and see my family! :)

Like I said...what a weekend.


After everything that happened I feel overwhelmingly blessed. I'm thankful for:
-Being safe
-My family
-Brandon
-Rebecca
-Jay
-Heather
-Tyra
-Jamie
-Donald
-Carly
-Jake
-The guy we hit...he was probably the nicest person I've met in a long time.
-All of the firefighters and rescue people were great!
-My parents!!
-hugs
-hearing an apostle!
-being able to go to the temple
-ward conference
-My Grandpa
-the list goes on and on and on...
-I am sooooooo blessed-

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are ok! This reminds me of all the talks in sacrament that have been given here in the past month. The theme has been how the Lord reveals his arm in our lives. This would be a great talk. I love you Jordan and am thankful for YOU in my life.

    ReplyDelete