.I.Believe.That.Happiness.Is.Something.We.Create.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

thank goodness

What a day. It started out great. I love going to institute on campus. I can't think of a better way to start off the day. Work was good. Class was even great...I made a 100 on my first quiz in Earth Science :). My home teachers gave an amazing spiritual thought. Dinner was delicious (thanks to me and Carly...but mostly Carly). The movie that we watched was really funny. Good day, right?

Right, it was a great day. But I think I've gotten into a bad habit. After I am done with everything for the day I come to my room and sit on my bed and just think. Instead of thinking about all of the great things about my day I think about the things that maybe weren't so great. Like tonight for instance, (I'm going to warn you that this might not make any sense) I have been sitting here thinking about something that is going on my life right now and it FRUSTRATING! On top of that, I think about how I can never keep my room clean, I never get enough sleep, I never finish my homework on time, I don't read enough, I don't write in my journal enough....there are so many things that I don't do as well as I should and it frustrates me.
Thank goodness for the sister missionaries (and all missionaries for that matter :) They were here for dinner the other night and they shared the scripture Mosiah 4:27

"And see that all things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order."

When the sisters shared that scripture they had us commit to making a list of our priorities in life. So I did. Surprisingly, all of the things that have made me so frustrated lately, aren't on that list. I know that I need to improve on those things...I have a lot of things to improve on, but instead of worrying about little things that don't make much difference one way or the other I'm going to start concentrating on my list of important things :)

And I'm definitely not going to run faster than I have strength...I don't think that's possible anyways. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment