.I.Believe.That.Happiness.Is.Something.We.Create.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

happy happy day :)

So, for some reason I was looking forward to Christmas this year a little more than I usually do. Maybe it's because I was expecting a very important phone call...yeah, I'm pretty sure that's it. Willie was supposed to call around 3 our time so I had it to look forward to all day long. My mom came to wake me up to open presents around 7:30 and she woke me up by saying, "Jordan, you get to talk to Willie today!" I can't even describe how excited I was!

After opening presents and eating a delicious breakfast and spending some time with my lovely family, I drove to his parents house to wait for the phone call. I was so nervous!! But finally the phone rang (at this point it felt like my heart jumped out of my chest) and I was so happy. He sounded the exact same and he is definitely still Willie. He was cracking jokes on his mom and telling all of us how much he loved us. He couldn't stop talking about how much he loves being on a mission. He loves all of the people that he is working with, he loves his ward and his area, he loves his companion, he loves his mission president...he loves it all. And that makes me so happy :)

So after a while of talking to him he had to go :( Everyone was completely fine until he had to hang up and then there were teary eyes all around. So after saying "I love you" about a million times to everyone he hung up...sad day.

Even though it was sad to hang up it was amazing to get to talk to him! He is doing sooooo good and he absolutely loves what he is doing and that makes me happy.

1 comment: